Super-Vision for Coaches:
Staying Clear and Sharp to Uplevel
Our Client Impact in 2018
CCE: .5 in Core Competencies and 1 in Resource Development
Much confusion currently exists in the United States regarding what “coaching supervision” is and is not and how both experienced and new professional coaches can benefit from hiring a “supervisor.” In reality, “coaching supervision” has nothing to do with what we traditionally consider supervision in the workplace.
Coaching Super-Vision is the interaction that occurs when a coach brings their coaching work experiences to a supervisor in order to be supported and to engage in reflective dialogue and collaborative learning for the development and benefit of the coach, their clients, and their organizations. (European Mentoring & Coaching Council).
Coaching Supervision focuses on the development of the coach’s capacity through offering a richer and broader opportunity for support and development. It creates a safe environment for the coach to share their successes and failures in becoming masterful in the way they work with their clients. (International Coach Federation)
During this 90-minute workshop, led by Certified Coaching Supervisor, Terry Hildebrandt, PhD, MCC, you will:
- Understand the history, evolution, and status of “Coaching Supervision” globally.
- Experience firsthand the benefits of coaching supervision and learn how Super-Vision for Coaches can keep you clear and sharp by broadening your perspective, exposing your own blind spots, and developing new, creative solutions for your coachees and their stakeholders.
- Observe a coaching supervision session demonstration with a supervisor and coach working on a real coachee’s case study.
- Gain exposure to some of the methods, processes, and tools of coaching supervision and see how they differ in significant ways from coaching.
- Explore how Hawkins’s “Seven-Eyed Model” provides deeper insight and systems awareness by examining the client-coach-supervisor system from seven different perspectives.
- Learn why Coaching Supervision is likely to become the next big trend in Continuing Professional Development for professional coaches—from new to very senior coaches.
ABOUT TERRY HILDEBRANDT, PhD, MCC, MCEC
Dr. Terry Hildebrandt is an executive coach, organization development consultant, coaching supervisor, coach mentor, researcher, and author. He is the founder and CEO of Terry Hildebrandt and Associates, LLC and Activating Leadership LLC. Terry has over 20 years of coaching experience and 30 years of business experience. He works with companies and organizations in multiple industries.
He is an ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC) and a certified Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) with the MEECO Institute. Terry is a Certified Coaching Supervisor, trained by Damian Goldvarg, PhD, MCC of The Goldvarg Consulting Group, Inc. in his Coaching Supervision Certification Program. This program is recognized by the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) with their European Supervision Quality Award (ESQA), which is an independent quality award given to providers of coaching and mentoring supervision training, recognizing that their programs meet stringent, professional standards.